Monday, April 12, 2010

Found!

My bike has been found.  It was wondering aimlessly around Kansas!  Looking for anything that slightly resembled the California landscape cause it did not want to come home to the abuse that I usually put it through all winter! 


Either way, it was not needed this weekend with the trails at nine mile opening up!!  This is the first time in a number of years that I hit dirt in the first of April without having to travel to Sea Otter or any of the other early season California races.  Don't get me wrong, I will miss Sea Otter this year!  There is just something about the atmosphere that I like!!  The last of the true MTB weekends!  I tlooks like they are going to have the typical rainy weather for the event again this year!  Wont't miss replacing all the drivetrain from the sand! 

Anyway, Scott, Michelle, and I went out on Saturday and was joined by Justin.  Then on Sunday Michelle, Sara, and I went out.  Good times and I was able to get the bike dialed in and make sure I tightened all the bolts before jumping on it to race through Tenessee and Georgia in 2 weeks! The Cohutta 100! Cannot wait!  Something about the 100 mile MTB races that I enjoy.  It makes the travel so much more worth it when you see 100 miles of trail vs the same 4 mile stretch 5 times!  Mike and I used to say that the time on the bike should always be more than the travel time to justify the trip!!   

On other news, new road bike on the way!  Maybe this is why the bike decided to not come home. 

No comments: