Friday, April 2, 2010

Fig is one up on me!

So today we went up, up, and up some more!  The group rolled out of Los Olivos and wasted no time rolling towards the moutnains.  We did roll past Neverland Ranch and then to the base of my demise today!  Man are my legs smoked!  Either way Mt Figueroa is one of the hardest climbs that I have ever done on a road bike!  The base starts out at 21% and after you get over that portion it does not feel like it lets up, at all!!  Either way what does not kill you makes you stronger so I hope it helped today.

The girls even rocked the hill today and all in all everyone enjoyed themselves with the incredible views from the top!

Here's the group minus Di, she is taking the pictures, waiting for the hr of pain!

Here's Michelle and TSP coming towards the top of the climb!



It was hard to stay on task today with views like this on the way up! 



After the climb, we ended up ripping through Happy Canyon!  It is awesome coming down through there and the descent includes multiple cattle gate crossings, 2 stream crossings, and about a mile of gravel! It is awesome out here this time of year, everything is so green!



With all the gravel, I ended up being a victim of the flat monster on the way down! 




Hopefully I have that out of my system now so that there are no troubles at Cohutta like last year!! 

Today Michelle and I are going to chill and do a winery tour on our biccyles.  There are something like 40 wineries within 20 miles of where we are staying.  Hopefully we do not get picked up by the CHP!! 

No comments: