Thursday, August 6, 2009

Miles and miles of squares......

We have all been there at some point and if you haven't then your time will come. The time in the season where motivation went to an all time low and the urge to ride a bike is no longer at the top of your priority list. I seem to hit this every year in July. This year was the worst I can ever remember and I think the mental and physical stress associated with the BC bike race is what really pushed me over the edge. Now that I am back from vacation, addicted to beer and caffeine, 8 pounds overweight, and still not completely there mentally; I have started spinning the squares on the bike! I have a lot of work to get into form with my next big goal of the year being Chequamegon. I am extremelly excited with taking our team up there and would love to get one of the team members onto the top step of the podium. Last year we had 2 in the top 5, and 4 of us in the top 10. Now we have added Darrin to the mix as well so it should be good.

Before then, we have Ore to Shore. I meet Mikey tomorrow and then catch up with TJ in Marquette. Since I am just getting back in the grove I would just be happy to hang on and help TJ and Mikey. I do have the bike ready and I am rolling on a new rear wheel after the other one came unlaced at the Levi Trow 100. The new set up is a bit heavier but is also much stiffer so it should balance out nicely. Hope to see everyone up in Marquette for a good weekend of bike riding!

No comments: