Monday, August 24, 2009

Good times.......'bout time!

So with the week starting out just horrible, the weekend actually went well. I am going to skip the bad and move onto the fun. Started out Saturday morning when the Little Colonel came over to ride with Michelle and drink some coffee. Always entertaining and this time was no different. I followed Michelle and Kim out on their ride as a warm up to mine. We got about 6 miles from home on a nice downhill section and kim blew out her front wheel with a shotgun boom!! If it is possible, it actually happened at a good time cause we had a dog that was just coming out to chase us and when the tire blew it scared the dog so bad that it took off with its tail between its leg. Hopefully it thinks twice before chasing the next time. Back to the tire, it blew so bad that it peeled the sidewall off from the bead and left a hole about 3 inches long. I ended up stuffing a gu packet in there and slowly riding it home to get another wheel.

After a good 3 hr ride, we then headed off to Lambeau field insearch of Matters secret training. I think I found it in the form of too many beers and bad food. Sweet!

After the game Michelle and I drove dow nto near the Dells to stay at her parents house for the evening. At first I was not happy with the late night drive but the next day activities made everything worth it. We ended up hooking up with the Krayers for them to show us around Baraboo. It was a good time meeting 15 other cyclists for a breakfast ride. It was tons of fun! After Breakfast, Ryan, Spencer and I headed out into the country side to make sure we had sore legs and enough of an appetite for some beer and pizza at the end. We ended up being successful and at the end we had 80 miles in!! Loads of fun and it was just what I needed to keep me going with my training. I forgot how much fun a good group ride can be!! This is my first one in almost 2 years, minus race warm ups!

See everyone in GB!

No comments: