Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where in Tennessee???

Well the partial team is off again. Feels like we just got home, oh wait we did, just one day ago! This time LeHoover and I are off to the Cahutta 1oo in Tennessee. This race is in a town called Ducktown?? I looked it up today on the map, there happens to be two of them in Tennessee? The one that we are headed to is about an hour east of Chattanooga in the middle of no where. The race looks to be cool. I am down for the single 100 mile loop that goes through the "back"woods of Tennesee and Georgia while LeHoover will tackle the 65 miler. Should be some good times. I have not done a 100 mile MTB race since the Leadville 100 back in 2005! That one at one point had me sit down on the side of the trail begging for mercy and swearing that I would never race again!! Not to mention my time in the medics tent receiving oxygen at the end!! I am hoping for a more enjoyable experience this time around since the elevation gets no where near the 10,000 ft mark!!!

I have the Sworks all dialed in for battle with a crossmark up front, a furious fred in the back and a 12-27 road cassette. Puts the bike at just a shade under 20 pounds. That will not matter much since we are doing this with no support and with the expected 80 degree temps I will be carrying an extra 5 pounds of water!! Either way good times by all.......