Thursday, July 25, 2013

Went Naked!

Well this past week I fell off the grid and left all bikes behind to try and put this tick thing to rest and went to Bend Oregon anyways even though I would not be making the race. For the first time ever I made the list of riders NOT to watch: mtbracenews.com.  It was really weird to finally make the call last minute and walk out the door without the bikes.  Hell, I even had them in the box already!  But with the way I had been felling bike riding has not really been much of an option anyway with most of my rides being replaced with naps.

Anyway it was a fun time.  We went out there and just became tourists!  It took some getting used to but after the first day of drinks and food something clicked, maybe my liver, and it was game on!  We watched a bit of bike racing on Saturday night with the Cascades Cycling Classic Crits happening downtown but that was it for bikes the entire week.  Well minus the coffee and watching the tour with Axel Mercks.  So what did we do?

We started with the Tour of Homes, finally found a house out there and I am still trying to convince Michelle it is where we belong :)



View from the Master Bedroom:


We did a visit to crater lake.  I was thinking that I have seen one Mountain Lake that I have seen them all, was I ever wrong!




Ate too many of these and drank to many of those for a non ride trip!  Oops, might take me longer to get back to non Clydesdale weight!


A hike up North Fork for awesome view of Tumalo Falls:


And even a sunset dinner at the top of Mt Bachelor.  Yup, looks just like Amherst!


So now we are back in Wisconsin and have started to get back on the bike again.  I really thought hard about it and was almost tempted to not bother, but I would miss the team and I think they would miss me?  So today was my first time doing a ride over 2 hrs long in almost 8 weeks and the other plus it did not require a mid ride nap!!  Progress??  Guess time will tell.

No comments: