Monday, July 1, 2013

Stop buggn me..

So the last few weeks have had a lot of ups and downs.  First the ups.  I had a really successful spring run at the NUE races and actually found myself leading the overall for the first time ever.  I know it will not last as the usual fast guys start to get the right results in place, but I believe it will be good enough to hold onto a top 5 overall this year, which is a big accomplishment for me.  Here is the last published overall:

 Men's OpenWomen's OpenSingle SpeedMasters
1.Chris PearisoCheryl SornsonGerry PflugChris Irving
2.Lee SimrilBrenda SimrilScott GreenCharles Buki
3.Kevin CarterShannon TenwaldePatrick BlairDavid Jolin
4.Dan KotwickiKathleen HardingMike MontalbanoTerry Blanchet
5.Jesse KellyLinda ShinTrevor RockwellMark Drogalis
6.Jay ClickDenise CoppockCraig FleetwoodMonte Hewett
7.Jarom ThomasPriscilla BaltzPeat HenryAl Blanchard
8.Steven HechtSusan LynchJames PrenticeAlec Petro
9.Michael BonsbyJocelyn LinscottErnesto MarenchinJody Bailey
10.David MooreVicki BarclayDaniel RappRon Sanborn

Now for the downs.  Well I had to pull out of the NUE race out in New York due to fatigue and headaches.  I did not think anything of it with all the travel and everything else going on in life and just kept plugging along.   Then the following weekend I raced well at Rhinelander but was super tired leading up to and after the race.  So with the good legs I was excited for the Mohican 100 and things went pretty good there, once again minus the fatigue and the fact that I literally had to sit down during the race to take a break and could barely function after the race?? I was now sleeping more than I was awake and was in a downward spiral,  The trend continued and finally two weekends ago I ended up in the ER in Hayward.  They run the typical tests and come to find out I ended up with Erlichiosis.  I guess it is a tick bacteria and all I know is it gives you wicked headaches, fever, and makes you sleep like 20 hrs a day.  I am now on a good antibiotic regiment that I get to stick with for the next 3 weeks and Sunday was my 3rd ride in a period of 2 weeks.   Not to mention that my warm up routine consisted of only a nap!!  

Now the next downer, I leave tomorrow for Marathon National Championships in Idaho.  I have lowered my expectations and I now think my biggest goal is to not get severally sunburned while I am out there due to the antibiotics and the 95 degrees and sunny weather they have going on.  

On a plus note, I did have a lot of fun over the weekend hanging with the team and I got to ride with B Frazier at the WORS race! 

1 comment:

Kyia said...

Bummer on the tick bite...hope your feeling better soon!