Sunday, December 23, 2012

Concrete and stop lights

Oh yeah, don't forget all the people!  The last couple days were good rides though.  Day one I made Michelle chase me around South West Florida and if she keeps up with that watch out girls!  It was nice to be able to set my rev limiter in my L2 zone and have here just sit in my draft.  So the rides:

On Saturday we rode north up to Captiva.  It was a good ride with the only elevation change was the causeways.  It was nice though cause Michelle's parents drove up to meet us for lunch so it made a nice break at the halfway point.  All said and done it was 80 miles and just a bit over 4hrs.  Here is our route:


Also some shots along the way:





Today we decided to go the other way and head south towards Marco Island and ended up with a bit over 60 miles and 3 hrs.  Not as nice of a ride due to all the concrete and stop lights, but still no studded tires, fat bikes, snowmobile suits and snow drifts over my head!  Here was our route today that also included a coffee stop at Fit and Fuel, some panther crossings, and two flat tires.  Doing our part to clean up the roads I guess.


Right now I think our ride tomorrow will consist of a spin to the coffee shop and some hydrating with barley water on the boat!  Hope everyone is doing well at home!

No comments: