Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Still in state

Feels like I travelled across the country but stayed in Wisconsin this weekend.  I started it all off with a good trip to the twin cities of Denzer/Leeland.   Or the spiced up version of Le Dahnzahr.  Went down to spend time with RK since the girls were up at the Firehouse 50 doing the 4 person TT, which they rocked and finished 2nd! 

For RK and I we started out with a Wisco Fish Fry at some place that had a creepy one armed statue standing in the corner watching me eat.  It made me feel so nervous that we then had to move on and look for things to add security.  Now this is not my norm, but in Leeland it is, we went to Jrs.  So supposedly the story is that Jr is grandfathered in to be able to sell alcohol and guns at the same location??  Hmm, wonder why they got rid of that idea?  I just went with it.


I even picked one out.....  A little Dirty harry style:


We then took a ride in RK's Mustang:


and then went to bed early to get ready for the Saturday Beat Down.  Not before saying good night to Mark's creepy girlfriend though:


She might not do dishes, but she doesn't say much either.  Guess it works for them?

The next morning we got up and had some farm fresh eggs from the Krayer chickens and got ready for the daily ride.  Not your normal ride though.  It was 2 top 10 NUE guys out to tear each others legs off, in the search of what Ryan calls the best Dr Pepper ever, and the most roads that go up!  At the end of the day we ended up with 98 miles, sore legs, 4400Kjs, 8500ft of climbing, and a little over 5 hrs.  What a fun day of riding!

After the ride and some local Mexican I loaded up the truck an headed towards Big Ds house.  I stayed there for Saturday night to get ready for a beat down from Big D!  Luckily for me he took it easy on me as we really could not put the hammer down due to practicing our ducking and weaving through the unmaintained Ema connector trail.  Suck!  We did make it over to John Muir and ripped off a couple laps then decided to just ride the road back to the car.  This time a more chilled 3 hrs on the MTB. 

Thanks to RK and Big D for the rides this weekend! We are lucky to have such a fun team!! 

See everyone at The Ore this weekend. 

1 comment:

Ben said...

Looks like you had a FUN weekend! Ha, must have been quite the "occasion" for Mark to have his girlfriend all dressed up :-)