Monday, August 27, 2012

Must get moving on............

Things have been really hectic for the last couple months and it is nice to finally start to turn the page and move forward with some positive progress.  It is also nice cause in times of turmoil you really learn who your true friends are and you become even more thankful to have them.  Thanks.

Besides the life thing, the race scene has been in full force with Ore to Shore, Subaroo Cub, and this past weekend was the Reforestation Ramble.  I am sure that you have already seen the results so I will save my keyboard from the hunt and peck abuse it would receive if I typed it all out.  The short version, mechanical at Ore, Good legs at Subaroo Cup, and good enough at Green Bay. 

Next up though is one race that I cannot miss!!  The Copper Harbor Fat Tire Festival.  Michelle and I look forward to this race every year cause we get to spend time with Todd and Di as well as a majority of the team in a very relaxed atmosphere.  I know that I have won this race on multiple occasions, but this is not at all the point of this race.  It is more just to hang out, eat bad food, and maybe drink too much!!  It is also nice to see this event grow each year but that mentality still is there.  This year the lead group is looking like Big D, Ryan, Brian Matter, Tyler, and hopefully myself.  Sorry if I missed someone, either way we will see you there.  The lead group usually consists of a fairly fast group ride with lots of talking and it just sorts itself out late in the race and hopefully this year is no different.  The big question will be if I finally get Brian to have a beer with me???  Sounds like it is pretty doubtful but I keep working on him.  If he won't, I know there are several other accomplices that will:)  See everyone in Copper Harbor!  Can't wait!!

In the meantime I have another fun thing to do today.  I am taking a youngster out mountain biking.  He is super excited to ride and has even started going to some of the races.  This is always a joy cause it is so much fun and it also reminds you of why we ride bikes!

No comments: