Thursday, September 15, 2011

Entropy balance

This is for the geek in all of us.  Back in my Chem Eng studies we learned that energy is never created nor destroyed.  So then the overall entropy of the universe never changes and ΔSuniverse = ΔSsurroundings + ΔS system So what am I getting at, who knows?  I am just thinking that I have done everything in my power to make my ΔS system work as it is supposed to on Saturday and give me the output required to perform at my ability.  I have done nothing but focus on this race for the last 2 weeks. the bike is dialed,  I think my legs have come back around, and despite a little bit of allergies from the forrest fire smoke out here I am ready to rip!!  So my goal is to try and get in the top 10.  Not sure if that is possible, but I will fail trying.  The field continues to grow and the depth of talent gets deeper each day!  My excitement level grows each day as well and I cannot wait to rip the trails here in Bend one more time!  Right now I am thinking that the T.I.T.S(Time In The Saddle) will be around 3:30. Seems short to me for a  marathon race!!  I would prefer to see the time be more in the 5 to 6 hr range, but I guess no one ever asked me:( 

This is where ΔSsurroundings comes into play!! Bend rocks.  I understand why they have so many high level athletes coming out of here.  The vibe of the city makes you want to be outside and be active!  The trails are also some of the best I have ever ridden and they make me not want to stop riding!  So even though I am missing Chequamegon this weekend and the companionship of my teammates, my surroundings are good. 

As for my teammates, I hope they all have a great ride at Chequamegon and make it to Rosie's Field in one piece!  That leadout for me will not be missed!! 



1 comment:

Kyia said...

Good luck my man...may the force be with you! Yeeehawwww