Monday, September 26, 2011

The end is here

Of my season that is!!  It feels really good to pull the plug and put it into neautral for a bit!  Especially with the struggles as of late.  Tons of things not working out as planned and some health things that have been plagueing me.  either way I really enjoy racing/riding my bike and would miss my bike family if I didn't go!  Especially the team, half the fun of racing is hanging out and making fun of each other every week!! 

So let me go back some, but now that I drug my feet on blogging you get the abreviated version.  Nationals were fun and I had a great start.  Settled in with Dave Wiens and was riding in the top 15.  Body issues decided to come up and got me off my bike for just a bit, back on after losing spots and chased for the next 20 miles.  Had a group of 5 or 6 not 45 seconds up, but could not close the gap, rolled in for 25th.  Not what I had in mind, but I know I had better fitness and still had a blast!  Bend rocks! Yes I did look at some houses out there!  Sorry Tyler!

Chequamegon! The team rocked it!  Mike in 5th was a great result for the weekend and there is a great shot of him leading things out!  Ryan and Scott also had great races with the talent in the field.  On the girls side of things Di came in 4th, Sarah 6th, and Lisa 9th!  Nice work!  It also sounds like I missed some fun post race antics!  Bummer!

Now onto Bear Paw.  I took the whole week off after Nationals and have been pretty chilled.  I was debating on racing or not and with the rain, that sealed it for me, I was a definite in!  Love racing in the mud! I got a pretty good start and was comfortable heading up the first hill! Surprised after the only thing I rode all week was the couch!  It was also awesome to see Scott make the lead group and not sure what happened behind us, but everyone was gone??  Either way, I kept things smooth and just had some fun.  I lost my brakes right away the first lap and the only way I was slowing down was by putting my feet out or crashing!  First lap it was mainly crashing and I have the bruises to prove it today!  So I lost the group pretty much right away but rode with Scott after I picked myself off the ground a couple times.  Then on the start of the 3rd lap Timster told me Big D and Ben were only 30 seconds up so up the climb I put the hammer down. I caught them as Big D was having a pity party on the big rock we had to go around.  I told him to grab his tissue box, dry his eyes, and lets ride some bikes :)  Too much fun.  As soon as I got to them the fun started.  We kept gabbing and having fun!  Then as we came out of the last singletrack section they said they were calling the race one lap short!  Oops, I was giving Ben 15 seconds or so in case he bobbled in the singletrack and he was happy to have that!! I yelled at him to get back here, but he was not listening to me.  Why not??  I caught up to him in one of the right hand corners and actually had the inside line, but also had tons of speed and a big risk of taking us both out if I tried it so I put my foot down to slow and that was enough for him to get the final gap!   I ended up 7th on the day.  Big D rolled in 8th and Scott gets the ride of the day and finished 10th.  Ryan slip and slid the Renegades for a finish!  Lisa had a good day and came in 3rd.  Michelle crashed again on here same leg with the PCL tear and Sarah stopped to help.  She is doing OK today so hopefully just a scare.  Myles ended up flatting out.

Next up, after completely rebuilding bikes is Sheboygan.  Then some beer drinking to usher out the 2011 Season! 

No comments: