Monday, January 24, 2011

Roll'a Mania

With the temps the way they have been and the horror from my last outside ride, which had me thinking that crawling in the ditch and suffering a slow death from hypothermia was my easiest option, I chose the rollers this weekend!



Lets start with the last outside adventure!

Who needs a fat tire, bow legged causing(due to the width of the bottom bracket!), extra bike to maintain, pugsly!  I like to think of it as skills training!  After a winter of this on a cross bike, a mud race is nothing!



So now to the freezing part, I think my toes were the same!  Will say the knees and toes were purple!  Hurt warming back up!


 This is my new aero package on the cross bike! Not proving in the wind tunnel yet, but sure to be seen at the TT this year at the tour!  I am sure of it!


The other winter necessity! Bar Mitts!  Once the hours start ticking upward above the 3 and 4 hr mark, gloves do not cut it anymore!  Also notice the rust protection on the bike, nothing has better rust inhibiting factors than carbon and titanium!  Thanks Specialized! 


No onto my refueling!  Coach luckily does not get on me about my diet!  I could argue that this is essential nutrients needed!  Here are the specs!

Features & specs:

•Dimensions: 9" x 5.5" x 3.5"
•Equivalent of 1400 regular-size gummy bears
•Weighs approximately 5 pounds
•12,600 calories!
•Hand-made in the USA with domestic ingredients
•Gluten-free
•One year shelf life


The is the best I Could do at killing it in one setting!  Might have to carry it in my jersey pocket at Cohutta!


So now onto the rollers.  It sucks starring at the wall.  Luckily yesterday we had a good group of 6 to pass the time.  At least to the 2 hr mark, until everyone abandoned me!  I was then solo for the remainder of my ride.  Luckily the temps are warming up this week so I can finish myself off before getting some relaxation in Vegas this weekend.  Then Michelle and I are home for a couple weeks, then off to Guam!  Yup, Guam. Kind of a last minute random decision after some discussion with bossman. He went to a race there in November and said it was awesome.  So there is another race there in February that we are going to head to, get some warm weather riding in, and some more relaxation.  I cannot wait!  Therefore the rollers are a temporary, necessary, evil! 

2 comments:

mdcmoto said...

Hey! I REPRESENT those remarks!!! ha ha (can't have to many bikes!)

Chris said...

I wasn't picking on anyone, just saying I barely keep mine and Michelle's bikes clean already!! Beware the Pugsly knees though!!