Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Cold Isn't So Bad When You're Suffering Together!

I've always had this rule, no training outside unless it's at least freezing or above...but for Christmas Chris got me a whole new Specialized winter riding wardrobe (Yeah! Thanks Honey!) which I just had to take for a test ride. So on New Year's Day a group of our friends and teammates from Baraboo commenced on their annual "First Ride" ride...and it was FREEZING!!!!! (Like -15F with 25 mile winds)But I've learned a few good lessons from the 2 hour ride we got in:
1. My competitor self won't let me say no if there's someone else that says they can do it (i.e. Suffering together isn't so bad!)

2. My new Specialized coat and Cold Weather tights were AWESOME!!! (So good I went out by myself the next day for 1.5hours without needing other people's encouragement)


So thank you to all the cool people down in Baraboo that let us join you on your "First Ride" and then at the pary that ensued promptly after (in hopes of warming us up from the inside out!). We had a Blast!

No comments: