Friday, November 12, 2010

Decisions, Decisions???

As the 2010 season disappears in my rear view mirror, I have started to look at some of the schedules being published and looking into what races the 2011 season will hold for me.  I am looking at more of the long races after having some success at the Cohutta 100 and plan to get enough in the books for an overall. So that means I need to do at least four races and I am planning on a 5th in case I need to drop one?  Another race that I am looking at is the Marathon National Championships in Bend.  Bossman lives out there and is excited to have me out there to race in his backyard, at least that is what he is telling me!! 

The dilemma though, it is the weekend of Chequamegon.  It has always been a goal of mine to stand on the podium there.  I have been close but when it comes down to making that final selection I have always fallen a bit short so I always focus and tune my training leading in for that one time things finally play out!  It amazes me when you see a rider like Brian who just has it figured out!!  Either way after all the attempts I feel it is time to try something else so I am leaning towards the National Champs in Bend. Other than that some WORS racing.

In the meantime, the weather is changing and I am going to enjoy some downtime.

No comments: