Friday, September 24, 2010

How quickly we regress....

To normal life that is.  After Chequamegon I have been on the bike once.  Life has taken priority and I have started to complete the things I have put off all year.  It is nice to step away, but at the same time I quickly miss riding the bike.  Usually this time of year riding my bike is the number one priority and training is at the back of my mind.  All the "A" races are done and beside the Cohutta result, none of my other goals were met for the year.  Kind of a bummer, but it happens.  If there is one thing I have learned over the years of riding a bike, you do it for yourself, and yourself only.  So your results are exactly that, your results. If you are happy with them and had a fun season then that is all that matters. 

So the last "A" race of the year, Chequamegon.  The race did not go as I had intended.  I put all my eggs into that one bascket, blew off a month of WORS racing and was wanting the podium.  Well, a no go.  The team did everything to position me and I just could not respond.  So what did we do to make up for it.  We tried to burn down the woods in Cable with a Phillips size campfire.  Which means 2 bundles of wood, a half bottle of lighter fluid, and a bag of charcoal, match light of course!!  Set a blaze and enjoy with you favorite beverage.  Then once that gets boring, add bottle rockets!!  Learned that they blow up under water!! Freak'n sweet!  After all this, the police never showed, no one lost a limb, and with all the beverages the long, drawn out, freezing cold, slide show after everyone had already left, awards party was bearable at best.  The best part of the awards party was putting 10 people in the McFadden NASCAR van for the trip over there!!

Next up, sounds like a mudfest up North!  So why did I put a new chain on my bike? 

No comments: