Friday, May 21, 2010

Animal run ins.....

So mother nature has it figured out that the weather usually does not stop me from riding bikes so now she is up to some other tricks.  This weekend on the trip home from Rhinelander she decidied to hurl a 4 legged brown animal in front of my car!  Stupid deer.  I never even saw it and hit it with the cruise still set at 70 mph.  Luckily we just caught the front drivers clip of the car, spun it around into the door, and after it did over $4000 of damage sent it flying into the ditch!!  I did take some fur for a souvenir. 


Ryan and fam were following me and got front row seats to the whole show. 

My next run in was yesterday.  I had a recovery ride so I decided to ride into work.  I was on a downhill section and doing maybe 25mph or so and a bee flew right into my face and decided to lodge itself into my left nostril!  I frantically tried to get rid of it but not before it released all of its make me swell like a balloon juices into my upper lip. The things is still al swelled up and uncomfortable!  I usually never have a problem with bee stings either, at most I might get a bump that looks like a mosquito bite, but not this time!



So now I am hesitant to see what else she has in store for me!  I still have my bear whistle from doing BC Bike Race, maybe I should start carrying it along?? 

On another fun note, I have been riding my new road bike!  This is the first new road bike in 6 years and I am super excited.  This is the only pic I have so just a teaser for now, but the bike is awesome!


I will work on getting more pics and post them.  The thing is super fast and looks sweet. 

1 comment:

b-matter said...

you should pull out that 'bee sting' look for your next nascar interview!