Monday, October 8, 2012

D Ride

Lack of sun, lack of warmth, and the urge to hibernate!!  Oh yeah, and drink! Only could mean one thing, summer is over!  That really sucks cause I do not like the cold at all and actually seem to hate it more each year.  Wondering if half my problem is the amount of time I spend on my bike fighting snow that blows sideways while ticking off the miles on my Sworks Tricross outfitted with Barmitts and studded tires!  I think I am more spoiled than most, but I will be turning 38 this week and will be entering my 16th season of racing.  Was 15 enough?  I don't think so, but many before me have pulled the plug even earlier in their lives.  Well, not me.  So as the 2012 season has basically come to a close for me, minus some WORS race in Sheboygan, you will see me on the trails again in 2013. 

Now to Sheboygan, this forecast is Phillips fault!!! While at Bearpaw he brought up how nice it has been at Sheboygan the last few years!!  Lets hope it is like normal and the forecast changes 5 times before we get to the weekend cause I honestly cannot remember ever racing this race in the mud?  Either way see everyone there and I am looking forward to hanging with the entire Adventure 212 team again!  Always a fun time! 

So now back to D Ride, or destination ride!  This opportunist does not come up very often, and I do not count commuting to work!  I am talking, someone takes all your stuff and you get to ride in one direction for a few hours.  And if you are lucky, you will have a tail wind the whole way!!  This weekend I was not that lucky!  Either way it was enjoyable and I got in just under 70 miles while cruising my way from Amherst down to Castle Rock Lake.  Here's the route:


The day was made better with Michelle's mom making a chocolate birthday cake for me that I washed down with a Bells Two Hearted. 

So that was Sudnay.  For the rest of the weekend??  We were all over the place.  We started out Firday with dinner in Appleton, I worked on my Elan Upgrade, and Michelle and I did a cold Green Circle ride from our house on Saturday.  A good weekend, minus that cold part, and a little bit of sleet. 

Here is Elan Version 2.0:


Here is our Green Circle ride on Saturday:

 

Now its back to the norm of a Monday and that drinking urge is starting to come back! 

No comments: