Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Down with the sickness.....

Deep down I knew I should not of raced this weekend, but I did not listen to that inner voice and decided to get even sicker than I already was!  It was hard to say no to a race that is so close though!  Also it is the only WORS race I have on the calendar till late June now and it is always nice to see some of the people we race with!  So to say the least my race did not go well and I made it worse by throwing my bike on the ground and breaking the rear deraileur so that it would not stay in a gear and did not allow me to put much force to the pedals!  Oh well I guess. Either way I think the big news is the girls.  They showed up ready to go and had some good results, finishing in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.  Nice work to them!  Must be their mechanics taking good care of their bikes?  Here is the race report on cyclingnews for those who have not seen it. 

Besides the race, I think the best part of the weekend was spent in Amherst doing some Redneck weeding with firecrackers.  Yeah Ryan and Lisa brought bottle rockets up and it entertained us for most of Saturday afternoon!  Luckily we ended up getting out of it with all our fingers and did not catch anything on fire!  Flipp'n sweet! 

We then pre rode and had like 25 people over for dinner which made for even more fun!!  Starting to think that the race is the least exciting part of the weekend when you have a team like ours! 

No comments: